Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Why is it only a Boy and not a Girl!

These days wherever you go shopping, you come across kids busy in their own world with the Gameboy, while their parents are shopping around merrily. I was wondering this Gameboy being such a hit, it has had so many sequels starting with Gameboy color, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy SP. Why is it no one at Nintendo thought of a Gamegirl for girls? Girls would defenitely love to own such a gadget, instead of having to buy Gameboy instead. It will be a nice flavor for the girls. I hope some Marketing guy higher up at this gaming company would get this thought.

3 comments:

KM said...

That is what my Son says. The video games are not played by many girls he says. But to my knowledge, I know at least two girls of friends of mine, who own Gameboys. I think this is just stereotyping that girls do not play video games. I am sure there must be thousands of girls playing video games.

DNA said...

I dont know why and how this color differentiation started. Why pink and purple for girls and red and blaring colours for boys? Are we indirectly telling them that is what we expect of them? I was exasperated to see that this color coding starts from the moment a baby is born!!

Anonymous said...

there is a gamegirl, it was only sold in japan but did badly