Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Everything happens for your good

I have always believed that, whatever happens in my life, happens for a reason and ultimately, for my good. Probably you can also call it the Karma or Destiny. This was the Philosophy which guided me (still does) and which I thought was the best way to encounter various hurdles big and small all through. Whenever something bad(which by my definition not the way I wanted to happen) occurred, I used to comfort myself in this thought. It used to give me the courage and confidence to carry on without being heart broken. I always considered myself mentally strong.

One day I had to face something which everyone in their life faces and that which tests one's mental and physical strengths to the fullest. Death. We see, read, hear about death everyday of our lives. But we can not understand the intensity of it till it happens to our closest. Death of someone, whom we love and are so close, that we would never want to face. My Dad died suddenly, after he was taken to the hospital( after complaining of chest pain), due to a massive heart attack. This was something I always dreaded would happen and did not want to face it. I was so attached to him and loved him. He would always treat me like a friend. After the initial shock I went back to the comfort of my philosophy, " Everything happens for your good". Then I thought how could this be good? You can not call the death of your near and dear as something good. How can this philosophy be right? I was questioning the basis and was trying to reason out. My Father was an outgoing, dynamic Personality, always active. He always used to tell me that he wanted his death to be quick and did not want to be bed ridden. He wished to die by having a heart attack. May be God or whoever this Supernatural Power beyond our realm, heard his wishes and granted his wish! He never believed in God, though. He did not want me do the rituals that are done to our deceased. In one of my conversations with a Doctor friend of my Father, I came to know that even if he had survived the massive heart attack, he would have been a living vegetable. Then it struck me! Yes, it was not for my good that my Dad died. It was in his interest that he was better off dead than living a life of hell. We all think about ourselves and our lives so much that we do not think about even our closest. It is our pain, our happiness, our health, and our life. At that moment I felt that death was as natural as life itself. We need to let them go. A time will come in the future when it is our turn to do so. This is what I believe in and have always believed. There are always times when my philosophy is put to test. I do not know whether I will continue to stick to my beliefs or whether I will be able to. At least I think this has helped me in my life to come out of difficult phases unscathed and with a sane head. I believe this will also help others.

21 comments:

KM said...

I am happy that this post has positive effect on others.
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

It feels good to read something you want, thanx for writing this post

иαиi said...

My case was a bit different, It was related to Love failure. In the beginning i worried very much and was very depressed and thought that what happened to me is very bad,but very soon i realized that everything happens is for our good only.currently i begun thinking positive of every problem i face because whatever happens if for our good only and that too with some reason......

Meghaa said...

Fantabulous post... thanks for the wonderful post... it answered my question too that how can everything happen to be good?

Meghaa said...

Fantabulous Post, Thanks for the wonderful post... It answered my question too, I never beileved that everything happens for good

KM said...

Thanks Megha!

Anonymous said...

Very nice post ... this is something I've always believed in, but whenever something bad happens, my believe in the philosophy wavers. Your post really helped. Thanks!!

Unknown said...

Me to following the same "Everything happens for good" for over a year now. Its really good.

KM said...

Thank you very much!

Nirmal Kumar said...

Amazing post...
I strongly believe whatever happens, happens for good. If something bad happens then let it go cause u r worth some thing better than what u were expecting..

Unknown said...

Just awesome..thnx :)

akki said...

ur text has helped me a lot i faced the same problem in my life when i my uncle passed away he was very close to me he was affected by many diseases his memories make me cry everytime now i wonder that if he lived between us more he would have faced more problems

Anonymous said...

seems like my own story ... i lost my dad recently he was suffering from cancer ...God saved him from all the pain ...

Anonymous said...

I am with u too bro ;)

deepthi said...

feels gud after reading this

Unknown said...

A pragmatic and positive opinion...

Unknown said...

Really a positive and pragmatic outlook...

KM said...

I am happy that so many people relate to this in a positive way.

Anonymous said...

I too have experienced the loss of a dear one that has left a void in my life but the belief in the Allmighty & so in this phiilosophy has really helped me to be at peace with myself & life...you have really put it so well.

Aayshah said...

One thng is sure if you keep on beleivng so.... then anythng that happens in your ife will happen for your best only....

yeshaswini said...

i just lost a job offer as i had to relocate to other place for 2.5years... my family was not ready to send me alone neither they could relocate...im feeling really bad for loosing the opportunity...i think about it everyday and it hurts me lots....why did god not understand me and help me not to lose this opportunity..Has this happened for good??? Im very hurt right now....not able to figure out why it happened.