Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Great Expections or Least Expectations?


When we expect something and it does not happen, we feel bad. But we want to feel good. So, is it good personally, to have expectations? May not be. If we want to feel good, we should not have any expectations. It is like going to a Movie with no expectations. Even if the Movie is average, you feel as if you have watched a good movie. If you have great expectations about a Movie, even if it is good, it may not survive the expectations. I am struggling with this thought as to what is good for an Individual. To have expectations, fail to meet those expectations, feel bad, try to come out of that phase, try that cycle again and again till success is achieved. The other choice is to simply not have any expectations, do what you need to do and let the destiny be the Master. I don't know. I am sure many of us don't know. I am not sure that everyone does not know. At least I am not one of those who knows. I know that is something not to be proud of. Can someone enlighten me on my ignorance? I really feel that ignorance is bliss as of now.

No comments: